I'd like to go on record as saying that a couple of these are quite possibly my most embarrassing confessions to date. I wasn't even sure if I'd share them, but in the interest of full disclosure...
|linking up my confessions post today with Alyx |
(genius behind Christmas in July blogger exchange)
- to avoid double packing for our road trip, I intentionally left my toothpaste behind figuring I'd just borrow some from my 78 year grandma. What I failed to remember is that my Gram wears dentures - top and bottom - so guess who brushed their teeth with Polident? I'm not sure that's even recommended? probably not.
- following G's allergist appointment in Kelowna, I drove past Aryby's and thought to myself, "I could really go for a roast beef sandwich right now". Since Vernon doesn't have one and Trev's not the biggest Arby's fan, I thought I'd treat myself to lunch. The problem is I don't really care for Arby's fries so I paid for my sandwich and then proceeded next door for an order of Wendy's poutine! I so wish this story wasn't 100% true. You should have seen the drive thru guy's face, I'm still trying to erase his horrified expression from my memory.
- our baby monitor somehow picked up the other baby monitor on our block and not only did I not turn it off right away, I secretly relished in the fact that Gabe isn't the only fussy baby in the hood. After my hooray-the-gorgeous-mom-from-across-the-street-doesn't-have-the-perfect-life-after-all moment, I unplugged our baby hearing device faster than you can say, "sure hope she hasn't been listening in on our dysfunction".
- when Gabriel's stomach acts up, he doesn't sleep and when he doesn't sleep, he usually comes down with something. The 3 nights of sleepless hell that was our long weekend was no exception and he ended up with a Victoria Day cold. As I was helping him get sweet potatoes into his mouth instead of on the kitchen floor, I - without thinking - licked my sticky yam fingers that apparently weren't all veggie if you know what I'm sayin'. Yes I ingested my son's snot and lived to tell about it.
- I can't french braid, I don't know how to use a curling iron and making a zigzag part using the other end of a comb is a technique I haven't
quite even come close to mastering. Poor Saige is resigned to a life of barretted bangs and messy buns.
** so there it is... 5 more facts about moi that will surely make you feel better about yourself.
make sure you link up to Friday's 'obsessions' post...
and if you really want to go linky crazy, check out the new 'currently' link up happening over on Harvesting Kale...