To ensure maximum participation in next Friday`s link up save your posts. I`m giving one O.C.D. blogger $50 dolla, dolla bills y`all to spend in the Etsy shop of YOUR choice... those with piqued interest can get more info below.
* the blog angel project - posting with any regularity has become a real struggle for me and with Summer coming (I think) and my parental leave coming to an end, I`m beginning to wonder if Saige Wisdom will survive. With the fate of my blog in question, I willingly took on A LOT of blog challenges this month. I worry that if I don`t seize the opportunity now to participate in blogger gift exchanges; host giveaways; write guest posts; sponsor awesome blogs and be a blog angel, I may never experience those experiences again.
The birth of Saige Wisdom - and Saige for that matter - doesn`t seem that long ago. I remember the
days months when NO ONE commented on my posts, when I didn`t know that `copy URL` existed and when bloggers like Morgan, Christine, Elizabeth and Court were rockstars instead of `friends` (they still are rockstars, just a little less intimidating ones).
By no means have I `made it` in the blogging world - hardly - but I`ve definitely learned a thing or two and I certainly didn`t get here without the help of some ahhh-mazing blogettes. I`ll never forget when Ana from Bluebird Kisses took me under her wing and explained instagram and picnik to me or when Kristal from The RikRak Studio sponsored my very first Treasury Hunt and then put my button on her heavily trafficked blog - I love these women and I`ll always remember their kindness and continued support.
I signed on to be a blog angel so I could pay it forward, but instead I feel like I`m spending it backwards. The lovely bloggess I`ve been secretly paired with hasn`t written a blog post all month and I`ve done basically nothing to let her know this redhead with imaginary wings is looking out for her. All I can say is that it`s a good thing June is only half over because I need to start polishing my halo pronto.
oooh I found these link ups hosted by other blog angels... don't mind if I do ;)
* taco salad - oh Mexico how I love thee, but if I`m being completely honest your fare has never made it into my top 10, until now. Since discovering this recipe (minus the chili sauce) a few months back, Mexican salad has been a weekly staple and shows no signs of slowing down.
* polka dots - they seem to be making their way into my heart and wardrobe.
* infinity scarves like these beauts from the Etsy-Canadian shop BlueBirdsFlyBoutique... they had me at nerd glasses (and awesome brick wall).
* this post which totally brings me back to 2 days ago and this one that basically sums up my personality in two words: extroverted introvert.
* picmonkey - editing photos has never been easier (or more fun). If you follow me on instagram - @saigewisdom - you know I`m crazy for collages and this picnik replacement doesn`t disappoint.
* someecards.com - it`s amazing how much time I can waste on that site. Gives me hope that my complete and utter lack of motivation is universal:
* Apple - if you haven`t added me to your Facebook, you may not know that my iPhone committed suicide. It jumped out of my hands and died from internal injuries. As you can imagine, I was beyond devastated right up until Apple Fed-Exed me a brand new one! Yes you read that right, I called AppleCare's 1-800 # with my sob story and 2 days later I had a shiny new iPhone 4S sitting at my doorstep! With customer service like that (thanks Ken) I`m seriously considering a Mac for my next laptop.
* next week`s obsessions link up - June 22nd be there or be square... link up details to follow immediately (as in go read them right now, they`re in the post directly after this one).