I'm not sure one can call themselves a
blogger bloggette when they go weeks without posting and when they do end up hitting the 'publish' button it's just some random rant with ZERO substance.
Yes it's been awhile since I spilled the Sara beans so I'm going to take this nap time opportunity to confess some summer slip ups...
- I flossed my teeth with hair. Sure it was my hair - freshly washed that morning - but gross nonetheless. Background story: I was in a change room trying on some hugs-me-in-all-the-wrong-places maxi dress and noticed I had remnants of breakfast stuck in my teeth. The fingernail wasn't doing the trick, I didn't have any dental floss in my bag, there were no loose threads on my clothing and so I went with Plan 'D' - a few strands of hair. Desperate times call for desperate measures and surprisingly it did the trick.
- I'm a super ungrateful wife. Like when Trev's not working 10-12 hour days I gripe about money, but when he's working 60+ hours/weeks I complain that he's never home. I swear there's just no pleasing me especially now that he's spending all his free time on the reno that I asked for. If you could only hear my weekly sob story about not having anyone to help with the kids or chores. Bet he's regretting his romantic proposal right about now.
- Gabe's baby book is empty. As a second child myself I'm horrified by this. Saige has not 1 but 2 albums highlighting her first year and over 2000 photos (sadly that's not even an exaggeration). Gabriel on the other hand gets a few lame blog entries and some over filtered instagrams. Poor kid. I'm trying to convince myself that he's a boy and he won't care that there's basically no evidence of his existence.
- I don't fold laundry anymore... or put it away. In our 'already too small living room' sits 6+ baskets of clean clothes just waiting for me to get some motivation (and it's gonna be waiting a long a$$ time). Like a bunch of savages we've resorted to rummaging through the piles looking for a wrinkly something that'll fit. I like to call it a modern day scavenger hunt. Oh and my idea of ironing these days? a spray bottle + body heat, try it.
|oh and this is my closet :(|
- Running errands with kids is my present day nightmare. It's not that they're ill-behaved, it's the buckling & unbuckling that kills me (especially when I have 3 or more stops to make). I always think, "how do moms with 3+ children do this? aaaand stay sane?!" Like my girlfriend with 3 year old twins and a new baby? My idea of a parental paradise is a city with drive-thru everythings.
- Gabe's still in his bucket seat. I find this ha-larious considering Saigers was out of her infant seat by 7-8 months and forward facing at a year (bad parent alert). The portable car seat is just so handy when he falls asleep or gets transferred over to Dean or the grandparents. That being said, I think we're going to make the switch at 11 months as Mr. Gabriel finally hit the 17 lbs mark. Did you know there are 3 month old babies bigger than our G-man?! and that amazon.ca had a tremendous sale on Diono car seats.
- I've spent more on car seats than I did on my first car. At $300 a pop (x 5) it adds up quick. All you teens out there having unprotected sex - stop.right.now. and get yourself a Fiero. Not only are they cheaper than babies, they don't keep you up at night or puke on your Abercrombie & Fitch hoodie (plus they'll look super fly out in your high school parking lot).
- When I was 17 I got a tattoo... and thanks to Groupon my drug leaf tat (that was supposed to be a Canadian maple leaf) is getting lasered off. Here's another teenager tip for ya: before entering a tattoo parlor, know what you're gonna get. Permanent ink is no laughing matter although my red marijuana leaf is the bud of many-o-jokes (ba-bum-chuh!) See here.
- I sometimes eat chocolate before 9:30 a.m. and by sometimes I mean once a week... at least.