The painting party continues at Casa Knol but without any trim or furniture in the rooms they all kinda look the same... stark. I'll spare you the photos, but not my MAIN FLOOR to-do list:
- Paint and replace ALL the trim in the house so the profile is cohesive throughout. We've chosen JoJo Whitewash from PARA's Colour Forecast Palette...
|main bathroom inspiration|
- Repaint kitchen in charcoal (paint colour TBD) + refinish/stain the table in our breakfast nook.
- Select paint colours for master bath, walk-in closet and second hall closet.
- Paint our kijiji faux fireplace a matte black (paint colour TBD).
- Paint all the interior doors (see pic below).
- Paint our office-in-a-closet (see mood board below).
- Stain the new stairs leading down to basement.
- Attempt to paint a giant canvas for art.
- Replace the door on the linen closet and jazz up the interior.
Ew that's a really long list and I haven't even gotten to the upstairs, attic, basement or backyard yet. Here's what I'm thinking for our home office that's being tucked away in the closet beside the stairs:
I found a pair of  cage lamps on clearance before Christmas and think a fresh coat of paint will transform them into a super fun lighting option. Para Paints  Heart Throb (P5165-24) happens to be a perfect match to our new 5x6 foot 'clouded mural'  wallpaper from anewall and I recently picked up a  used filing cabinet that I may or may not makeover (leaning towards "not" as I like the grey). One of our  lucite chairs will act as seating and I have a couple quotes coming back for a  custom neon sign - I want either "lucky us" or "4ever" (for our happy little foursome), but I'm certain the neon light will be pricey (fingers crossed I'm wrong). Fortunately using a  long mirror as a dry erase board/post-it note holder will be more budget-friendly as will  recovering business books in ombre paper. I initially thought a plexiglass tabletop would look cool, but I'm having second thoughts... I'll keep you posted on what we decide and if we actually stick to the plan.
You should have seen my dad's face when he saw my "Operation Black Door" testing area, disapproval written all over it. I'm a rebel daughter cause I'm 100% going for it, just trying to decide which shade of black to roll out?
TOP LEFT: Para Paints Weathervane (P2139-03)
TOP RIGHT: Para Paints Molten (P5205-85D)
BOTTOM RIGHT: Para Paints Walkin' In The Rain (P5204-85)